- Prep Time (mins)
- Cook Time (mins)
- 4 hrs
Buffalo Chicken Sliders:
- 6 medium (about 5½ cups) boneless, skinless chicken breast, boiled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5-ounce) package Frigo® 3-Cheese Italian Blend
- 1 cup Frigo® Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups hot sauce, or adjust to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle mild hopped IPA beer
- 2 tablespoons (about 6 cloves) garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Celery Blue Cheese Slaw:
- 5 ribs celery (about 4 cups), thinly sliced at a bias
- 1 medium red onion (about 1 cup), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice1 ta
- blespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 (5-ounce) container Frigo® Crumbled Blue Cheese
Place the boiled chicken breasts in a slow cooker and fold in all of the Buffalo Chicken Slider ingredients. Then, cover and let it cook on low for 4 hours, stirring periodically.
While the chicken is heating, make the Celery Blue Cheese Slaw. In a large bowl, combine the celery and onion. Add the vinegar, oil, lemon zest and juice, honey, salt, pepper and celery seed and lightly toss everything together. Then, finish by gently folding in the Frigo® Crumbled Blue Cheese. Reserve the slaw in the refrigerator until the chicken is ready.
Once the chicken mixture is hot and bubbly, pile the meat onto the slider buns and top with the Celery Blue Cheese Slaw. Garnish with a sweet bread and butter pickle. Enjoy!
Rad Tip: Shred the chicken to create a buffalo dip and enjoy with crackers or fresh sliced crudité. For a hip twist, use sriracha in place of your usual hot sauce in this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.