- 1 pound (about 6 cups) Chinese, Thai and/or Italian eggplant, diced small or thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus drizzle
- 2 pounds (about 3 medium) zucchini, spiral cut into noodles or sliced into thin matchsticks
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup Frigo® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup (packed) basil leaves, chopped and divided
- ½ 8-ounce package Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 475°F.
Place the eggplant slices and cherry tomatoes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Place them in the oven to cook for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes burst and the eggplant is fork tender. When cooked, reserve them to the side for assembly.
Place the zucchini in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with ½ tablespoon of salt and toss to combine. Let sit 10 minutes, then press gently in the strainer to remove any excess liquid.
Meanwhile, heat the ¼ cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and capers and cook until the mixture begins to sizzle and the garlic turns golden brown, 3–5 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium-high, add the zucchini noodles and sun-dried tomatoes, using tongs to gently toss around, and cook for 8–10 minutes. Add the eggplant, tomatoes and lemon zest and juice, and toss together until warmed through.
Transfer the mixture with tongs to a platter and garnish with the Frigo® Shredded Parmesan Cheese and basil.
Serve with thin slices of the Frigo® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Enjoy family style. Mangiamo!
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.