- Prep Time (mins)
- Cook Time (mins)
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 5 cups), cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups Frigo® Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup Frigo® 3-Cheese Italian Blend, divided
- 1 cup Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 3-quart baking dish with cooking oil.
Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil.
Add the cauliflower florets to the boiling water and cook them until al dente or just tender, 3–5 minutes. Then, drain the cauliflower and reserve it to the side.
Heat the olive oil, butter and onions in a 5-quart sauce pot on medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 3–5 minutes or until they become translucent. Then, stir in the flour, garlic, cumin, paprika, black pepper and celery salt and cook for another minute. Add the red peppers, milk, 1 cup of the shredded Frigo® Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, ½ cup of the Frigo® 3-Cheese Italian Blend and the Frigo® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese. Stir the mixture while cooking until the cheese is fully melted and the texture is smooth. Then, scrape the mac and cheese into the casserole dish.
In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of the Frigo® Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, ½ cup of the Frigo® 3-Cheese Italian Blend and the Italian breadcrumbs. Top the mac and cheese with the mixture and bake it for 15 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the cheese is melted through.
When you’re ready to serve the dish, garnish it with the minced parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef. Find more recipes at www.EmilyEllyn.com.